mission + history | staff and board of directors | membership
SOHO20 welcomes women, transgender and gender non-conforming artists of all ages and at all different points in their careers to become part of our community. SOHO20 will also consider a plural membership for artists who are working collaboratively or collectively with other artists, whereby two or more artists can apply to SOHO20 under one membership.
The online application can be found HERE.
Please email [email protected] for more information, including costs, of the Full and National Affiliate artist memberships. See below for details on how to submit an application for membership.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
Women, transgender and gender non-conforming artists wishing to apply to one of the above categories are invited to submit the following:
- A completed online application form.
- Up to 10 images and/or 3 videos of recent work. All images must be .jpg, .png, .mov, .mp4, or .avi format, and must be labeled in the following format:
- A separate list, numbered to correspond with the included images or videos. The list should include title, medium, size, and date.
- A recent CV or resume, including education, exhibitions, and other relevant information in .pdf, .doc, or .docx format.
- A brief (no more than one page) artist’s statement about the work in .pdf, .doc, or .docx format.
- Up to three catalogues, reviews, and/or brochures about your work. (Optional)
THE SELECTION PROCESS:
Once a month, except August, the members of SOHO20 carefully review membership applications. After an initial approval, a request will be made to see actual work at SOHO20. In order for an applicant to become a member, there must be a two-thirds majority vote in her/their favor.
Please contact the gallery at [email protected]